Segmentify can get the Product Feed from many sources. These can be csv, XML or json formats. XML is not a must, but it is used more often.
What is a Product Feed?
A feed is a file made up of a list of products which use groupings of attributes that define each one of your products in a unique way.
Why should XML files be shared?
Segmentify Product Integration Service has some validation rules that provide recommendation engine and personalisation scenarios act more efficiently as click and purchase conversion. Product recommendation widgets are showed by Segmentify with no IT requirements, however in some cases Segmentify didn’t track product stock condition or didn’t be aware of IT updates on site (selector id changes, dataLayer variable changes, windows objects, content changes etc.) so the solution is to share a product file.
How to share an XML file?
You should apply the list of following rules:
- The file must be accessible through HTTP.
- Product file must be updated.
- Product XML file scheduled update time must share with the Segmentify Success Team.
- Expected file format should be Google Merchant Center Standard.
- Default XML tag parameters and tag descriptions listed as below.
- categories: The best formatting is separating each category with “>”. (Ex. “Woman > Jeans”)
- inStock: Some feeds just include stock number and some include stock status. One of them is enough for grabbing stock status.
- sizes // optional
- colors // optional
- params: Segmentify integration has a product based attribute implementation. Product attribute data (it points to static product based extra value) can either send with js integration or send with params XML node.
Example Product Content
<categories><![CDATA[Clothing > Dresses > Summer Dresses]]></categories>
<campaigncode>Example Campaign Code</campaignid>
<campaignname>Example Campaign Name</campaignname>